Subject: [Leica] E. Adams & Vietnam Photo
From: Michael Hailey <hailey@flash.net>
Date: Sun, 12 Sep 1999 15:31:22 -0500

PaulS,

I can't give much detail on the footage you refer to, but I did see it
on the NBC evening news shortly after it happened.  The footage
continued for several seconds after the victim hit the ground
(pavement?) with blood spurting from his head wound.  The newscaster
then apologized for the footage, claiming in an effort to show film as
quickly as possible as it was received in New York, the film had not
been edited for content before broadcast.  The first time I saw the
still photo, I guessed it must be a frame from the previous footage I
had seen because the perspective seemed identical.

MikeH