Subject: Re: [Leica] R8 motor thoughts
From: InfinityDT@aol.com
Date: Sun, 12 Sep 1999 18:33:56 EDT

In a message dated 9/12/99 6:12:46 PM Eastern Daylight Time, dstrang@up.net
writes:

<< When there was mention of the design of the NEW R8  motor, I couldn't help
 wonder how this motor looks compared to the ill-fated first motor attempt for
 the R8. Wasn't there pictures of the original motor motor in the Leica R8
 propaganda? Sounds like the new version is a remake of the R motor, brick
shape
 and all !! >>

The picture in the latest issue of Leica Fotografie looks exactly like the
picture in the R8 brochure I have from when the R8 first came out, but now
there's no mention of any other power source except the NiMH battery pack.
The old brochure mentions "mignon" (AA) cells as well.  And it still only
does 4.5fps.