Subject: Re: [Leica] M7 at 2000's Photokina!!!
From: Mark Rabiner <mrabiner@concentric.net>
Date: Sun, 12 Sep 1999 19:48:46 -0700

Tim Atherton wrote:

> > Don't you find it peculiar that Leica would just announce a new
> > "M Campaign"
> > including a major new 60 page brochure (as discussed here over the last
> > couple of days and shown on the official Leica websites) with no
> > mention of
> > an M7, if, in fact, there's an M7 ready to go?
> >
> > I'm not saying it couldn't happen - just that it sounds strange to me.
> >>  Bryan
>
> No! Actually it sounds very much like the Leica we all know and love ;-)
> That M6 brochure was probably planned 6 years ago, by someone who had
> nothing to do with the development of any new M cameras (if they exist).
> Probably around the time they were just "finalizing" the final technical
> details on the M6TTL....
>
> Tim A

Let's just see the Photokina announcement about the Leica M7.
Lets here a direct quote from it. My money goes to no, a fig newton of someones
wishful imagination. And close to irresponsible to toss it back at us and not
too smart to toss it up further. Dumb rumor mongering is my opinion. What do we
want the M7 to be? A Contax G2 with depth of field scales? It really is boring
how content I am with my M6. A faster sync speed would please be Ok but it's all
picky picky picky. I love the camera. It doesn't need to be rethunk for me.
Mark Rabiner