Subject: [Leica] Re: new M6 Brochure
From: Gary Elshaw <gary.elshaw@vuw.ac.nz>
Date: Mon, 13 Sep 1999 17:38:12 +1200

At 11:24 AM -0700 11/9/99,Pascal wrote:
>A new Leica M6 brochure is available and can be ordered online.
>There is also a new "Leica M" campaign !
>Too bad they used the portrait of Che Guevara as the main attraction. A
>more neutral subject could have been choosen I guess.

I reckon this is a great image for the Leica advertisement, kinda
similar to the Apple 'Think Different' posters. I think the PR folks
are probably thinking of 'revolutionary' comparisons: historical
figure Che, historical photographic revolutionary: Leica.

I'm doing my thesis on Jean-Luc Godard's 1968 films, and was in Paris
researching earlier in the year. I was amazed at the number of images
of Guevara available from second-hand stalls and gift shops. he's
obviously still part of the Paris psyche-I was really pleased. I bet
Oddmund is too ;-)

Best of light,
Gary

"Dada gave the Venus de Milo an enema and permitted Laocoon and his
sons to relieve themselves after thousands of years of struggle with
the good sausage Python."

                                                          -Jean Arp
'Dadaland' 1938
OO