Subject: Re: [Leica] OT Tilley Hats!
From: Donal Philby <donalphilby@earthlink.net>
Date: Mon, 13 Sep 1999 07:06:53 -0700

Tim Atherton wrote:

> Travelling round Central America recently, you could always spot a middle
> aged Canadians from 2000 paces - nerdy Tilley hat.
>
> I'm sorry, but I can't think of anything more Geeky - and people pay big
> bucks to look like that!  ;-)

We did this discussion a while back when I mentioned that a Tilley or
Tilley-like hat is vital to some of my photography--specifically boating stuff.
I got nailed for nerdiness, etc.  But tell me what other hat give protection
from sun AND left you put camera to eye with soft brim AND stay on at 45 mph?
(despite someone saying you never wear one with the chin strap.)

donal
- --
Donal Philby
San Diego