Subject: RE: [Leica] Hello Leica group!
From: "Tim Atherton" <timphoto@nt.sympatico.ca>
Date: Mon, 13 Sep 1999 20:18:56 -0600

Hi and welcome,

Even though we don't know your name!

As you may have noticed, the LUG can get a bit self absorbed from time to
time (Tilley hats, will there be a new M7 at Photokina etc etc), BUT you
will probably be able to find the answer to any Leica question you have.
There are Luggers here who are world class photojournalists. There are
Luggers who are incredibly knowledgeable about the technical aspects of
Leicas, as well as their history. There are hobbyists and fanatics (and even
at least one lawyer, who is also a world renowned expert on Contax's!!).

Filter out anything that doesn't seem interesting, enjoy what does, and
ignore the occasional craziness. (Get the digest if there are too many posts
coming your way)

As for you 24mm - there is a LUG tradition of posting items for sale on
Fridays, so keep your eyes open at the end of the week.

And enjoy using that M4P - great combination with the 35. At least 70% of my
images must be taken with my M6 & 35mm f2

Tim A