Subject: [Leica] Hello Leica group!
From: Ruralmopics@aol.com
Date: Mon, 13 Sep 1999 15:58:56 EDT

Well, hello Leica users. I've just purchased my second Leica -- I sold my
first one about 12 years ago and am looking forward to skimming some of your
knowledge off the surface of this group.

By way of introduction, my name is Bob McEowen. I work as a
writer/photographer/editor of a monthly publication called Rural Missouri. We
are a feature oriented tabloid that goes to 400,000 members of rural electric
cooperatives in Missouri. Prior to this gig I was a newspaper photographer
and before that a camera salesman. I have journalism degree from the
University of Missouri.

Anyway, I just purchased a used M4-p and a 35mm f2.0. I'm hoping the use of a
rangefinder will help influence a more thoughtful, subtle approach to my
picture stories. I recognize I have some learning to do after using SLRs for
all these years. Like I say, I'm looking forward to learning from you folks.

BTW, I'm in the market for a used M-series 24mm and finder. Anyone got one
for sale?

Also, the e-mail address ruralmopics was created just as a deposit for these
messages. I normally can be reached at either mceowen@aol.com or
bmceowen@amec.org.