Subject: Re: [Leica] R8 motor thoughts - Batteries
From: "A.H.SCHMIDT" <horsts@actek.com.au>
Date: Tue, 14 Sep 1999 16:20:47 +1000

Jeffcoat Photography wrote:

> AHS: I agree! The main reason for the delay to start with is they've been having
> voltage problems with the motor. And that is the reason for the battery that we have
> to buy from Leica. They do say that it is good for 100- 36 films and that it
> recharges in one hour. Comes with all the charging cords that you'll need for
> Europe, Asia, and the States. So with a second one you should be able to do just
> about any thing you need. I for one don't like having all those batteries I'm buying
> now for the different motors and flashes, this could make things easier in some
> respects. But having the choice like you do with "N" would be nice.
> cheers Wilber

Wilber, I suppose, if you are lucky, the battery pack fits on to your mobile phone.

By the way, for Leica to state, you can go through 100 , 36 exposure films is ok at the
start, but what about after half a year, or if you haven't used the winder for a long
time.

My mobile, it uses the same kind of batteries as does my portable pc, lasted for about a
week without recharging on receive. now it lasts 24 hours. That is the 3rd pack I am
using.

In a few years time, when Leica decides , the batteries are no longer made, what then.

Custom made batteries are bullshit. Especially rechargeable ones. Long live AA's.
You can even buy them in Upper Volta.

Regards Horst Schmidt