Subject: Re: [Leica] R8 motor thoughts - Batteries
From: Eric Welch <ewelch@ponyexpress.net>
Date: Tue, 14 Sep 1999 00:14:10 -0500

At 10:07 AM 9/14/99 +1000, A.H.SCHMIDT wrote:
>The reason, I don't have a M6 anymore , is the idiotic light metering and the
>even more idiotic off-on switch for the light meter. It is hard to
>believe, that
>a superb tool like a M6
>has the worst way of stopping the light meter battery from running down.

I'm speechless. You'd give up using the M6 for this? Welcome to whatever
you are using now. I've only replaced my batteries twice in the past year,
and I don't do ANYTHING that is the result of worry about battery drain.
Nothing.

I've used motors with AA batteries, and I've used motors with specialized
batteries adapted to them. In the latter case, it always means better
performance. How long to you plan to stay out in the outback, and where do
you buy batteries there?

Eric Welch
St. Joseph, MO

http://www.ponyexpress.net/~ewelch

Politics: Poli (many) - tics (blood sucking parasites)