Subject: [Leica] R8 and TTL Flash Advice Please
From: "Paul T. Collura" <pcollura@epix.net>
Date: Tue, 14 Sep 1999 12:59:27 -0400

I have finally gotten around to getting an R8.  In playing with it,  I
noticed that my Metz 40MZ 2 does not operate the flash symbol in the
viewfinder or the LCD window on the back cover (flash symbol does not
illuminate to indicate flash readiness).  The Leica SF 20 flash does
illuminate the flash symbols.  The Metz flash fires but I have no idea
until I test a roll whether it is operating properly.  Am I doing
something "wrong" with the Metz flash?  Any users know if this is normal
or how I can use it and preserve flash readiness indicator in the
viewfinder?

Thanks,

Paul