Subject: Re: [Leica] comparison of Hologon and Heliar lenses
From: "Dan S" <dstate1@hotmail.com>
Date: Tue, 14 Sep 1999 20:24:16 GMT

Thanks for a great comparison.  While it is hard to be positively critical
when viewing an image on the computer, it is clear by the
enlargements that the Heliar is certainly a great value, and seems to me to
be the equal of the Hologon in many ways.  Indeed the light falloff seems
BETTER in the Heliar.  Add this to the price and the much more usable
aperture range and I think the Heliar is a steal

Best wishes
Dan States