Subject: RE: [Leica] Staged Photographs: Iwo Jima
From: "Tim Atherton" <timphoto@nt.sympatico.ca>
Date: Tue, 14 Sep 1999 16:16:45 -0600

This discussions comes up on the National press Photographers Association
list about once a year. The result is always the same, after the various
books and sources are consulted - no it wasn't posed for the photographer -
yes, as Marc says - there were two flag raisings.

Now, are we going to re-hash and deconstruct the Capa/Dying Spanish Soldier
shot for the nth time? - save you the trouble - no, that wasn't posed
either.

Tim