Subject: Re: [Leica] m4-p
From: chefurka@sympatico.ca (Paul Chefurka)
Date: Tue, 14 Sep 1999 23:07:19 GMT

On Tue, 14 Sep 1999 17:42:44 -0400, Dan Cardish
<dcardish@microtec.net> wrote:

>Umm.....I thought it was the other way around, but I may be wrong.
>
>Dan C.
>
>At 12:55 PM 14-09-99 -0700, Paul Chefurka wrote:
>[snip]
>>
>>> Are the framelines accurate?
>>
>>As accurate as you need them to be...  They err on the side of caution.  At
>>infinity they are accurate, and as you focus closer the frame will include
>>more crap (err...image) from outside the lines.

Sigh.

I was hoping to get that right, for once.  I was wondering as I typed
which way it was - accurate at near focus or far focus.  At least I
know you never get less on the film than you see inside the frame
lines.

So there's more crap on the film at infinity?  I'll buy that.

Paul Chefurka