Subject: Re: Subject: RE: [Leica] Ideal bag for M6 & 2 lenses = No bag
From: Eric Welch <ewelch@ponyexpress.net>
Date: Wed, 15 Sep 1999 10:41:47 -0500

At 10:20 AM 9/15/99 +0400, Bernard wrote:
>Let's just quit kidding ourselves about the lightweight
>qualities, because these are the late-90s and the Leica is no longer
>light, and nor is it all that small.

Bernard,

You are right, to a point. But the Leica M6 I'm sure is feeling a bit
insulted by such a comparison to point-and-shoots. On terms of size and
weight, yet. But few other criterion do the point and shoots even come
close. And non I can think of that are of any value to me.

You know, I don't think it's so crass to have a Leica hanging off your
shoulder. I'm not sure events where that isn't welcome would be where I'd
care to visit very often.

Carrying it in the hand like HCB can be a good alternative.

Eric Welch
St. Joseph, MO

http://www.ponyexpress.net/~ewelch

A picture is the expression of an impression. If the beautiful were not in
us, how would we ever recognize it?