Subject: RE: Subject: RE: [Leica] Ideal bag for M6 & 2 lenses = No bag
From: "B. D. Colen" <bdcolen@earthlink.net>
Date: Wed, 15 Sep 1999 14:41:18 -0000

To all those who got the impression that I said the M-Leica is a point
and shoot, let me try to clear that one up. I don't think it is a point
and shoot. However, the advantages often ascribed to the M as just the
advantages ascribed to point and shoot cameras. What I meant to say is
that if the Leica is light, then a p/s is lighter, and if the Leica is
small, then a p/s is smaller, and if the Leica is unobtrusive, then the
p/s is even more so. But I didn't say that the Leica *is* a point and
shoot, and I made clear I'm aware of the grand optics, which of course
no point and shoot has.

Hmm... I wonder if I just made things better or worse for myself...

Bernard
- -----
Worse......smaller, lighter, even less obtrusive....the one thing missing
from that list of delights is equal to or better than in quality and
capability. There are some disposable cameras that are smaller, lighter and
less obtrusive than an M...why not get one of those?