Subject: Re: [Leica] The changing face of the Lug
From: Bernard <5521.g23@g23.relcom.ru>
Date: Wed, 15 Sep 1999 15:51:14 +0400

Alex Hurst wrote:

> Incidentally, I also belong to the MF Nikon forum at:
>
> NikonMF@onelist.com
>
> This is everything the LUG was in its early years: courteous,
> informative, helpful and not a flame in sight.

Pacifists.... !

> If the Nikon guys can do it, why can't we?

If I am not mistaken, those are not just the Nikon guys. The real Nikon
guys have a list many times larger than ours, which is mainly concerned
with the speed of autofocus. The list you refer to is probably the Nikon
list for manual focus only. It's a young list. Just wait and see what
happens in a year or two. Or maybe the manual Nikon focussing people
will just die out. After all, if you're going to focus manually, better
get a Leica-R; better glass.

Bernard