Subject: [Leica] weights
From: Godfrey DiGiorgi <ramarren@bayarea.net>
Date: Wed, 15 Sep 1999 23:32:43 -0700

gerry wrote:
>Bernard wrote:
>>"I keep hearing the argument that the M is light and I can't help
>>disagreeing."
>
>Just as a matter of interest I checked the weight of the M6 with a 35mm f2
>lens (720gm) compared with the Canon EOS1N with a 35mm f2.8 (695gm).
>Bernards point is proved, and I feel a nerd!

Interest idea -  weigh your camera and gather real data:

Nikon F3/T with Nikkor 50/1.8E - 860g
Contax G2 with Planar 45/2     - 775g
Nikon FE2 with Nikkor 50/1.8E  - 720g
Leica CL with Summicron-C 40/2 - 540g
Rollei 35S (Sonnar 40/2.8)     - 370g
Minox EC with EC electronic flash in combination wallet case - 145g

Yeah, it's a little nerdy. But I work in the computer business here in
Silicon Valley as an engineer ... this is normal operating procedure. :)

Godfrey