Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: Companion Lens to 35/2 ASPH +
From: Andre Jean Quintal <megamax@abacom.com>
Date: Thu, 16 Sep 1999 08:35:26 -0400

At 19:28 -0400 15/09/99, Joseph E. Hayes wrote:
>I am thinking about a companion lens for my 35/2 ASPH...any suggestions
>about what would be best?

	--> the 75mm Summilux is quite expensive, but ideal.
	A more realistic approach probably would be to
	consider a 90mm f/2.8 Elmarit: it's affordable
	and brings excellent mid-telephoto system capability,
	which probably would mean more interesting
	casual portraits, too. This 90mm also "hovers"
	in photography nirvana where performance is concerned.

	--> about your lens repair: I'm even surprised anyone
	would expect a repair that is not caused by defective
	workmanship or materials to go 100% free,
	even on prestige brands, unless a special insurance
	would have been bought.
	It IS a personal opinion, but I truly fail to understand
	that people expect an all-inclusive anything goes
	warranty on anything, except where explicit,
	a truly very rare thing ... I hope I'm not upsetting
	you; just a former audio store manager's point of view.

	Still, I think you have one of the best camera / lens
	and neck strap combination possible.   ;+)

	Andre Jean Quintal