Subject: Re: [Leica] "Best Buy" Leica SLR recommendations, please
From: Andre Jean Quintal <megamax@abacom.com>
Date: Fri, 24 Sep 1999 08:24:12 -0400

Date: Thu, 23 Sep 1999 17:37:07 +0200
From: Nathan Wajsman <nathan.wajsman@euronet.be>
To: leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us
Sender: owner-leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us

Hi Mike,

I have recently picked up an SL with the 50mm Summicron for $400. It is a
wonderful piece of equipment, and as Doug wrote, the best viewfinder I have
ever
seen on any SLR. If you can live without any autoexposure options, I heartily
recommend it.

Nathan

	--> Why does not the Leica R-E come up
	     in these "recommended" lists ?
		Is it fragile ?
		Or too expensive on the used markets to make sense?

	--> What makes the Leica R-E special ?

	--> Is the R4 that much smaller than the others ?
		That makes it a real contender and there's
		a brand new one at a local dealer,
		wherever he found that...
		Perhaps he bought a bankrupcy or something.

	Andre Jean Quintal