Subject: Re: [Leica] Japanese "Honor" camera
From: "A.H.SCHMIDT" <horst.schmidt@actek.com.au>
Date: Thu, 16 Sep 1999 22:52:02 +1000

JZa1058168@aol.com wrote:

> Can anyone tell me about the Leica copy "Honor"  and its probable value
> (ballpark). I saw one in a camera shop  during a recent trip. j zarick, cinn,
> ohio

  According to the Book: 300 Leica copies by Pont/Princelle, 2 types of Honor
Cameras where made by the Mejiro Optical Works in Japan.
The first one was released 1956-1959 and was a very close copy of the Leica 3C.
The standard lens supplied was either a 50mm f3.5 Hexar (Elmar style) or a f1.9
50mm
Hexanon (Summitar style)    Approximately 1000 units where made.

The second version , made from 1959-1960 showed some vague resemblance to the
Leica M or Cannon L. it had a lever wind and a combined viewfinder/range finder
window. It also had a rewind crank. Only 300 units where produced.

I suppose , if there in good condition, the price would be quite high. I reckon
it would only be a collectors camera. I cannot see a lot of spare parts being
available.

I hope this helps a bit.

Regards, Horst Schmidt