Subject: RE: [Leica] Iwo Jima Yet Again
From: "B. D. Colen" <bdcolen@earthlink.net>
Date: Thu, 16 Sep 1999 12:37:44 -0000

Without even going into the question of the Iwo photo, and I certainly bow
to the superior knowledge of those who say it was not staged in any way, I
would politely suggest that it is nieve to think that the brave US marines
have NEVER done anything for "propaganda" purposes. Propaganda, after all,
is as much a tool of warfare and government policy as manning a mortar or
machine gun....And suggesting that the Marines would take certain risks to
enhance the image of the Corps, and thus of the U.S., in the midst of a war,
does not cast any aspersions on the Corps...it only suggests that it has
multiple missions, and fulfills all of them...

Best,
B. D.