Subject: RE: [Leica] APO-ASPH Summicron 90
From: "Andrew S Jordan" <andrewsjordan@worldnet.att.net>
Date: Thu, 16 Sep 1999 17:27:29 -0400

Friends: As the nasty backbiting of the past ~48hours abates (as does
hurricane Floyd) and we return to relevant Leica-related matters, I want to
repeat the issues raised by Alex:

>> I would like to step in and ask two additional questions on the APO 90:
>
>         1) Is there anyone who has used both it and the older 90, and
>             "prefers" the older 90 for whatever reason? No one doubts
>              that the new APO is sharper.
>
>         2) How does the 90 APO compare subjectively to the 90 Elmarit?
>             The gentlemen below, Mr. van Hulsenbeek states that he finds
>             both of them "phenomenally" sharp. And then goes on to imply
>             that the new 90 still renders more "punch" than the
> Elmarit. Is
>             this the case and are there other differences?
>
> Alex

Nathan, Dan, Jim Laurel, Sander please give us some detailed description of
your experiences with the lens at the earliest opportunity.

Thanks, Andrew Jordan