Subject: Re: [Leica] APO-ASPH Summicron 90
From: Nathan Wajsman <nathan.wajsman@euronet.be>
Date: Fri, 17 Sep 1999 07:10:00 +0200

Andrew,

I posted a reply to Alex's questions, I guess it got lost among the underwear
discussions...I tested the 90 in a manner similar to Dan and got similar
results--here is a lens that can be used at ANY aperture with full confidence.
As I look at results from real-life shooting, this impression is only
strengthened. I just looked at some portraits I shot of my 5-year old daughter.
Other than those affected by operator error (I shot them handheld, and
obviously a 5-year old does not sit perfectly still either), the sharpness and
detail is amazing--perhaps even too much so for a close-up portrait. You can
see every blemish on her skin. Using Kodak's E100VS which is sharp and has
strange color casts did not help. But the optical quality is fantastic. DO NOT
USE THIS LENS TO PHOTOGRAPH YOUR WIFE OR MOTHER-IN-LAW!

Kind regards,

Nathan

Andrew S Jordan wrote:

> Nathan, Dan, Jim Laurel, Sander please give us some detailed description of
> your experiences with the lens at the earliest opportunity.
>
> Thanks, Andrew Jordan

- --
Nathan Wajsman
Overijse, Belgium