Subject: Re: [Leica] 50MM Summicron DR and M6
From: chefurka@sympatico.ca (Paul Chefurka)
Date: Fri, 17 Sep 1999 01:05:47 GMT

On Fri, 17 Sep 1999 10:12:44 +1000, "A.H.SCHMIDT"
<horsts@actek.com.au> wrote:

>Its a pity one can not buy a clamp on or screw  on focussing tab for some of the
>lenses.

I read at this line and had one of those "wow" moments.  I remembered
shooting all those %$#*! weddings in the '70s with my 'blad, and the
one accessory I couldn't have done without was the fast-focus lever.
It was a plastic lever-on-a-ring gizmo that clamped around the
focussing ring of the lens, and gave you the equivalent of a focussing
tab.

This ought to be a very simple thing to make, and would greatly speed
up the use of the current 50 and all the M tele lenses.
Unfortunately, I don't have the skill to actually make such a thing.
How about it Tom A???

Paul Chefurka