Subject: Re: [Leica] 50MM Summicron DR and M6
From: "Bill Larsen" <ohlen@lightspeed.net>
Date: Thu, 16 Sep 1999 17:51:36 -0700

Horst Schmidt writes:

|Alastair, I have to agree with you. That little focussing tab on the lens was
|very handy.
|I do miss it. It seem to make focussing somewhat easier.  Especially on the
|short to medium focal length lenses.
|
|The worst of my lenses to focus, is the Cannon 50mm f1.2. Its very easy, when
|focussing, to obscure the range finder window with the hand.
|
|Its a pity one can not buy a clamp on or screw  on focussing tab for some of
the
|lenses. xxxxxxxxxx

Actually, as has been discussed before, some people will put a plastic wire
tie around the focussing ring to act as a tactile reference.  Handy little
things; they can also be used to tame the mess of wire around your computer
and make handy trigger locks for your guns.

With regards, bill larsen aka (Rufnachname) wilhelm müller