Subject: Re: [Leica] Hey! We are not alone in the universe!
From: "Bill Larsen" <ohlen@lightspeed.net>
Date: Thu, 16 Sep 1999 23:06:32 -0700

Marc, do you really want me to post to the Rollei list the story about how I
cleaned an Army issue Rolleiflex after falling into an open sewer???  (Well,
it was during a local Okoberfest near Mainz -- and there was a couple of
Rottweilers chasing us --- and we had taken a shortcut through a fenced
factory --- and I did really learn something from the whole experience ---
such as don't think that the old Errol Flynn movies where you could drink all
you want and still write and photograph were a reflection of true life --- and
once you really fall into an open sewer don't expect to salvage anything
except your underwear and the Rollei --- and don't ever tell your current wife
that you did this because you will forevermore be reminded that your were a
bum then and you are still a bum ... it just that there are no longer open
sewers for you to fall into).  But just let me know if you really want your
Rollei list to go this far off topic.  (If I had been carrying a Leica instead
of the heavy Rollei, I probably could have jumped that drainage canal without
any problem whatsoever).

Regards, Bill (who generally refrain from telling stories that could get him
put on a list of the most likely to perish because of crass stupidity in the
performance of whatever).