Subject: [Leica] Summicron-M v Summilux-M
From: Roger Underwood <roger.aru@cwcom.net>
Date: Fri, 17 Sep 1999 07:41:50 +0100

I was speaking to a photographic dealer the other day about the
relative merits of a 35mm Summicron or Summilux for my M6.  His
advice was to go for the former unless I aimed to do a lot of work at
low available light levels, which is fair enough.  But he then
surprised me by saying that at the Summilux's wider apertures the
cost of the extra stop is a slight trade off in resolution compared
with the Summicron.  Can this be still true with modern lens design?
If anyone can point me in the direction of a test on this it would be
appreciated.

Regards

Roger Underwood

roger.aru@cwcom.net