Subject: Re: [Leica] Eye relief on M cameras
From: Ruralmopics@aol.com
Date: Sat, 18 Sep 1999 12:18:52 EDT

In a message dated 9/18/99 2:52:54 PM, budcook@ibm.net writes:

<< All of those bodies you mention have the same .72 viewfinder magnification
as the
M4-P and M6.  The only difference is that the M4-P and the M6 have the 28 and
75
frames added. >>

So the M4-P is really the same optically -- just more brightlines included?
THat's interesting. That explains why I don't recall having trouble seeing
the 35mm frame with the m4 (I can see it fine on the M4-p as well).  But it
also implies that the 90m frame would be no larger in a M2/M4/M4-2, right? So
if I want a bigger 90mm view I have to go with an M3?

One more question . . . the high magnification M6 (.85?), is it a M3 type
with a 35mm crammed in or is it a different animal altogether -- something in
between a M3 and a M2/M4/M4-2/M4-P/M6?

Bob McEowen