Subject: Re: [Leica] Laphroaig, Incident Meters
From: Godfrey DiGiorgi <ramarren@bayarea.net>
Date: Sat, 18 Sep 1999 10:31:51 -0700

>   Completely off topic:
>
>       If you love peaty single malts, the 15 yr old Laphroaig is superb.
>       Leica like in it's price, too.  However, if you drink it right, it
>       should last as long as the equivalent price in beer.  Tiny sips and
>       mellow appreciation.

Jeez. You've reminded me that I ran out a month ago and it's been dry dry
dry around here ever since. I'll have to stop at the liquor store today!
:)

>   Metering:
>
>       Since I became a devotee of hand held incident metering, my percentage
>       of spot on exposures had roughly doubled.  I use the Sekonic 308B.
>       It's small, light, accurate, and uses a single AA battery.

The Sekonics are my favorite digital meters. I bought the L328 model
instead of the L308 for the swivel head, which I find a boon for precise
positioning of the sensor. I also liked the availability of the spot
meter attachment and bought one, but I've yet to use it.

But there are times when I really wish I could get a version of the
Gossen Luna Pro SBC or F with a swiveling incident head. I love the
analog display and simultaneous display of all the aperture/shutter
choices the Luna Pro SBC provides.

Godfrey