Subject: RE: [Leica] 50mm Summilux vs Noctilux
From: Jem Kime <jem.kime@cwcom.net>
Date: Sun, 19 Sep 1999 07:40:57 +0100

Ray,
Having seenand tried a Nocilux, lusted after one and eventually come to my
senses, I realise that the Summilux is the 95% lens, almost equivalent
quality to the legendary Summicron (most likely the latest version is on a
par) and yet it's only one stop off the Noctilux. You'd have too much bulk
for everyday shooting I'm sure. But then I'm not a Nocti owner! I can't
imagine there are any on this list who merely have the Nocti and not
another 50 for most other times.
Jem