Subject: [Leica] RE: What I did today -- GET A LIFE
From: Joel Ohle <j_ohle@fetchmail.co.uk>
Date: Mon, 20 Sep 1999 00:45:20 0100

Date: Sun, 19 Sep 1999 14:14:30 -0000From: "B. D. Colen" <bdcolen@earthlink.net>
Subject: RE: [Leica] What I did today ..or...GET A LIFE!
I know I'm going to piss a  lot of my fellow LUGers off, but I am quite
amazed by this thread...."Backing off" has nothing to do with the fact that
there is "little point in making photographs of someone who does not want to
cooperate with you - assuming we are not talking here about a genuine
newsworthy scene, being photographed by someone who has every intention of
passing said photo along to a news organization. Rather, it has to do with
what does or does not make a society civil. Why do any of us think we have
the right, for our own amusement, to photograph someone who makes clear they
do NOT want to be photographed, particularly someone we don't know.
In photographic relations, as in relations between the sexes, NO means NO.
What don't you understand about that, as the feminists are wont to ask?
B.D. AND Dr. Blacktape.>
###
It is quite wonderful that there still someone defining and defending Western
civilization.  Why is it, though, that I get the impression you are not a
photographer???  I would guess that every discipline has its armchair
pontificators. ###

Joel C. Ohle

Sent via Fetchmail - free email service at http://www.fetchmail.com