Subject: Re: [Leica] RE: What I did today -- GET A LIFE
From: kabob@tiac.net (Bob Keene/Karen Shehade)
Date: Mon, 20 Sep 1999 09:52:43 -0400

Joel-

I haven't finished reading all my digests- so I'm sure that you've been
flamed for this off handed comment of yours! But, just in case: FLAME ON!!!

I can speak from knowing B.D. and seeing his work- he's quite an
accomplished photographer- whether you can prove the same would be
interesting.  B.D. is also a gentleman, not some obnoxious boor.
Realizing that you hail from the 'Bastion of Civilization' perhaps it  irks
you that someone felt srongly enough to comment upon 'civilized
behaviour'.... however, I don't see B.D. as " defining and defending
Western  civilization",  perhaps you are of the school of Papparazzi, and
this viewpoint offends your work habits.
The very point of someone saying to someone on the LUG  "Why is it, though,
that I get the impression you are not a photographer???" is rather
ridiculous- we come here because we have a common interest: PHOTOGRAPHY!!
Perhaps some of us are amatuers, some of us are professionals (this is how
I earn my living-
how about you?), but I would venture to say that all of us are
photographers. Some of us are just idiots as well.

Bob Keene
(Untypically "Nobody's Pal")