Subject: Re: [Leica] Consistent underexposure problem
From: "Anthony Atkielski" <anthony@atkielski.com>
Date: Mon, 20 Sep 1999 07:38:27 +0200

From: Bill Larsen <ohlen@lightspeed.net>
Sent: Sunday, September 19, 1999 21:41

> If Anthony is taking the same type of pictures that he
> has displayed on his website he may be underestimating
> what the meter is seeing (e.g. too much sky).

That is certainly possible.  I try to remember how the spot looks in the
viewfinder (just outside the edges of the inner frame, and about 2/3 the linear
dimensions of the outer frame, the one I use to shoot), but I'm not sure how
good I am at that.  The sharp transition on the M6 may be throwing me off, too,
as my only previous experience has been with tiny spot meters and with true
center-weighted meters, whereas this is sort of a spot meter with a giant spot.

> The most difficult thing I had to learn was to quit
> adjusting the exposure when I raised the camera to my
> eye and saw the red leds indicating that I was under
> or over exposed.

Hmm.  I'm not sure I understand what you are saying here.  Aren't you supposed
to adjust exposure so that only the center LED is lit?

  -- Anthony