Subject: Re: [Leica] LED Display
From: "Anthony Atkielski" <anthony@atkielski.com>
Date: Mon, 20 Sep 1999 07:41:47 +0200

From: Joseph E. Hayes <jeh50@earthlink.net>
Sent: Sunday, September 19, 1999 22:30
Subject: [Leica] LED Display

> Is there anything else I might try before...GULP...sending
> the body back to New Jersey for a look-see and repair?

1. Make sure the shutter speed dial is not set to OFF.
2. Make sure the shutter is cocked (the meter won't operate if it isn't).
3. Press the shutter button until the shutter fires; the LEDs should light at
some point before the shutter is released.

(I knew that experience with electronic stuff would come in handy for me sooner
or later!)

It's hard to understand why the meter would fail while the camera was in
storage, even if it were left on.  It's all solid state and there aren't really
any parts to wear out.

  -- Anthony