Subject: RE: [Leica] Consistent underexposure problem
From: Jim Laurel <jplaurel@microsoft.com>
Date: Mon, 20 Sep 1999 10:55:06 -0700

Anothony,
What Bill is saying here is that simly framing your photo with the M6,
setting the meter so the center dot lights up, and shooting, will often
result in a poorly exposed picture.

For example, if you photographing an alpine meadow, with alot of snow
around, you will want to make sure you have taken a reading off something
that is around 18% grey.  In this example situation, you might use some grey
rocks.  So, in this case, you meter off the rocks, then frame up your photo.
Now, your M6's metering spot rests on a patch of snow.  The LEDs indicate an
incorrect overexposure, but you have to trust that you metered correctly,
and go with the exposure you set earlier.

- --Jim