Subject: RE: [Leica] Re: Stabilizing a CF tripod
From: Jim Laurel <jplaurel@microsoft.com>
Date: Mon, 20 Sep 1999 11:27:21 -0700

The hook on the Gitzo 1228 is a wonderful thing.  You camera bag or backpack
works great as a stabilizing weight.

But this whole thread on tripods seems to miss the point of the M camera.
If I'm carrying a tripod, it's generally for use with the R or the
M7...Mamiya 7, that is ;-).  I prefer using the small Bogen tabletop tripod
with the Ms.

But for those of you who use the larger tripods with the M, here's a tip:
Keep a quick release plate attached to the M grip.  That way, the camera is
better centered over the tripod, and the grip + plate can be detached from
the body by the hand key.  This seems to work out much better than attaching
the plate directly to the camera body.

- --Jim