Subject: Re: [Leica] true revolution in the darkroom
From: Mark Rabiner <mrabiner@concentric.net>
Date: Mon, 20 Sep 1999 12:09:07 -0700

Erwin Puts wrote:

> ><Snip>  They have produced a very ingenious
> instrument, called Splitgrade, that you use in place of the
> Multigrade head of the Focomat V35. (It is also available for the IC
> and IIC and many other enlarger types. The instrument has a
> multigrade module,  a timer, a probe to analyse the negative and a
> software databank of all papers with all its specially calibrated
> density data and gradation curves.
> The use is simplicity itself. ><Snip>
> Erwin

Sounds like a point and shoot for the Darkroom!
Is there an interface other than the probe? I've just been trying to find out
more information on what I thought was its website.
http://www.heiland-electronic.de/ as www.heilandelectronic.de did not work at
all. Can't find a thing yet as it's all in German!

Just as long as I can tweak what they give me it's OK with me; a manual override.

I'd rather print my own negative shot with a fully automatic camera than the opposite!

I'm going into the darkroom now and the sun is shining (outside). This afternoon
before dinner I'll be about to knock out somewhere between 6 and 12 fiber 8 by
10's and go through 20 to 50 sheets of paper. Testing and tweaking is what
printing is. IF my output could be multiplied I wouldn't mind it at all. But I'd
like to be in on it!
Mark Rabiner