Subject: Re: [Leica] was consistent underexposure problem
From: Eric Welch <ewelch@ponyexpress.net>
Date: Mon, 20 Sep 1999 14:49:02 -0500

At 03:01 PM 9/20/99 -0400, InfinityDT@aol.com wrote:
>Except, I think, in the case of Leica lenses which were wholly Minolta or
>Sigma lenses (designed and made) fitted into Leica-lookalike mounts and which
>were listed in sales brochures with ad copy that described the unique
>properties of Leica glass and specified as made in Germany with no asterisks

You are not correct. First of all, they were REAL Leica R mounts. And
second of all your characterization isn't correct either. With the Minolta
made zooms, they always mentioned they were never up to the qualities of
their single focal length lenses. Leica was always up front about who made
their lenses, and what their optical characteristics were. I've been
shooting with Leicas off and on for 18 years, and never once was I ever
mislead by anything I read in their literature.

Eric Welch
St. Joseph, MO

http://www.ponyexpress.net/~ewelch

Multitasking: Screwing up several things at once...