Subject: Re: RE: [Leica] Re:Ask?
From: Eric Welch <ewelch@ponyexpress.net>
Date: Mon, 20 Sep 1999 15:35:24 -0500

At 03:20 PM 9/20/99 -0400, Ruralmopics@aol.com wrote:
>It has nothing to do with the media and the media is
>not bound by it. Photos taken for news or educational purposes do not require
>a release. Now trespassing on private property, that's another issue . . .

You're right. I'm not worried about my rights in this case, since they have
no power to do anything about what I photograph. Just whether I can be
there. I make that clear that I know what they can and can't do legally.

But I find it helpful in knowing who the kids are that shouldn't be in the
paper - unless for some important reason. No use putting them up for view
if a bad person is trying to locate them. I'm not of a mind to help out the
potential abductor.

It always helps to have some healthy skepticism in this situation, some
parents are quite paranoid, or just don't like the news media, but allowing
parents fearful of abduction some respect is important too.

Eric Welch
St. Joseph, MO

http://www.ponyexpress.net/~ewelch

Suicidal twin kills sister by mistake!