Subject: Re: [Leica] What I did today
From: Eric Welch <ewelch@ponyexpress.net>
Date: Mon, 20 Sep 1999 22:07:56 -0500

At 11:42 PM 9/20/99 +0200, Anthony Atkielski wrote:
>I've seen formal analyses of media reports that clearly demonstrate a
>tendency to continually emphasize pornography when speaking of the Internet in
>such reports.

And what are they going to talk about. The 5 billion inane web pages that
have no impact on society? The couple thousand or so that do have some
positive impact are hard to talk about over and over. Actually, the more
time goes by, the more the reporting is covering all the other areas that
were early on neglected.

If you don't think people don't talk, then you need to get out more. Sure,
the media does tend to get a bit fixated on kiddie porn on the net. Could
it be that one reason is that is IS a problem? And don't tell me it isn't.
A majority of the money made on the net is from porn. That's changing, but
it sure isn't diminishing in actual numbers how much porn is out there.
Easy to get to.

Eric Welch
St. Joseph, MO

http://www.ponyexpress.net/~ewelch

.one sees the glass half full, another, the glass half
              empty. The engineer sees the glass twice as big as it has to be.