Subject: RE: [Leica] List for N***n rangefinder info?
From: welch@pressroom.com
Date: Mon, 20 Sep 1999 23:15:24 -0400

Simon,
I too am fond of the Nikon rangefinder line, particularly the SP. They were
not as robust as the Leicas, but they have their own considerable charm.
The SP of course is the flagship camera, but the S2s are great  shooters
and not to be overlooked. They were made in large numbers and are
considerably less expensive than the SP or S3. But there were enough
production quirks to keep the collectors happy too.

As you've probably already had pointed out to you, Stephen Gandy's
CameraQuest website has a lot of great info on the Nikon RFs, and the Nikon
Historical Society has some. The guy to talk to, if you're interested in
learning or buying more, is Fred Krughof in NYC. He's at www.romdog.com,
and can also be found on the NHS site, www.nikonhs.org.

Bill Welch