Subject: Re: [Leica] Leica Users digest V11 #90
From: Eric Welch <ewelch@ponyexpress.net>
Date: Tue, 21 Sep 1999 16:57:14 -0500

At 10:28 PM 9/21/99 +0400, Bernard wrote:
>Perhaps
>it's hip to say you've been abused. I pity those who have been through
>such ordeal, but I don't just believe every claim at face value.

Bernard, it's hip to say you're a lesbian (well, not YOU). :-)

It is NOT hip to say you've been abused. The numbers are accurate. Having
been in the social work profession myself, and having worked in a mental
hospital, an inner city school, and having spend almost five years working
with kids in Canada, I don't doubt the number is close. Having worked at a
camp for abused kids, I know what kinds of things are going on out there.
How many times have you sat down with troubled kids and asked "What's going
on in your life?" It can be startling.

If more people did that, there'd be a lot less abuse. Sexual, mental,
physical, etc.

Eric Welch
St. Joseph, MO

http://www.ponyexpress.net/~ewelch

Make it idiot proof and someone will make a better idiot.