Subject: Re: [Leica] Sexual abuse statistics
From: Eric Welch <ewelch@ponyexpress.net>
Date: Tue, 21 Sep 1999 17:15:35 -0500

At 05:07 PM 9/21/99 +0000, B. D. Colen wrote:
>- I think the reality of the
>situation is that there is far more really sick stuff going on with children
>than society has ever acknowledged.

B.D.

You are right. This is a subject that people want to sweep under the
carpet. They want to bury their heads in the sand and deny it exists, or
it's as bad as the people who deal with it every day say.

You may be right about the "playing doctor" thing. I didn't know they
included those statistics in there. If so, the I guess we could cut the
number some. But it's one of the worst things we have facing us as a
society, because those who are abused are scarred for life. Not an excuse
to inflate numbers, but nevertheless, this is a situation where ignoring
the problem is the worst part of it.

Eric Welch
St. Joseph, MO

http://www.ponyexpress.net/~ewelch

Diplomacy: Say nice doggie until you find a *BIG* stick