Subject: [Leica] Re: Anthony and others
From: Jim Brick <jimbrick@photoaccess.com>
Date: Tue, 21 Sep 1999 15:14:51 -0700

Well, he is not overwhelming my LUG input. After seeing huge blocks of
mostly meaningless posts, in my computer, Anthony has a Eudora filter all
his own. Along side PK's filter. Remember his endless jibberish? "All Leica
R lenses are made in Japan." "Water will dissolve your lens coating." As a
result, I never see these (and a few other's) posts, Lug or private. No
Horst, you are not in my filters. :)

Life is too short and there are too many genuinely great Leica people out
there, both in and out of LUG land. If we are not careful, it'll be called
the L-NUG. Leica NOT Users Group. Or the L-CRUG. the Leica Chat Room Users
Group. So as I have said a dozen times, learn how to use those e-mail
filters and bring sanity back to yourself and your LUG participation.

Think of e-mail filters, like polarizing filters. Polarizers let light
through that is emanating parallel to the foil. They eliminate light that
is emanating perpendicular to the foil.

E-mail filters allow you to let in messages parallel to your vision of the
LUG and reject messages that are perpendicular to your vision of the LUG.

Bryan's mail server sorts things by Major categories, RUG, LUG, etc. It's
up to the individual to do the fine tuning. I'm in a start-up (
www.photoaccess.com ) and I do not have time to manually sort the wheat
from the chaff. So I get a little help from my computer. If you bought an
M6 "because" it has a built-in meter, you know exactly what I am talking about.

Jim