Subject: Re: [Leica] Expensive Anthony (and others).
From: "Anthony Atkielski" <anthony@atkielski.com>
Date: Wed, 22 Sep 1999 16:18:15 +0200

From: Alex Hurst <corkflor@iol.ie>
Sent: Wednesday, September 22, 1999 11:03
Subject: [Leica] Expensive Anthony (and others).

> However, we're not so fortunate in Europe (and particularly
> in Ireland) in having the luxury of 'free' local calls as
> in the US and Canada. My heart sinks when I see (as this
> morning) 200 LUG messages about to be downloaded, of which
> IMHO about 20% are relevant to the topics I joined the LUG for all
> those years ago. I, for one, have to pay for the time.

This is incorrect.  Many e-mail programs (including Outlook Express, the free
program that I use) will allow you to filter e-mail messages _before_ they are
downloaded, based only on the headers.  Messages that you wish to discard are
deleted from the server without being download to your machine.  As a result,
your download time is not materially increased.

  -- Anthony