Subject: Re: [Leica] Cleaning, Lubrication and Adjustment
From: Eric Welch <ewelch@ponyexpress.net>
Date: Tue, 21 Sep 1999 22:20:19 -0500

At 01:20 AM 9/22/99 +0200, Anthony Atkielski wrote:
>That 75 mm lens looks nice, too, but I think it is even more
>expensive than the Noctilux.

Mine (75) wasn't. Used Leica lenses are bargains compared to new, and will
last longer than the competition's new stuff.

And you guess right. It's an awesome lens. I bought that before a Noctilux
(other reason is I already have the 35 Summilux ASPH. When you shoot with
it in dark places, it's amazing how it brings up the shadow details and
gives beautiful renditions of scenes which you'd never guess would come out
so well. It may not be as sharp as the ASPH 90 Summicron APO, but at 1.4
you're going to get sharper pictures than at f/2 in the same low light -
hand held of course.

Eric Welch
St. Joseph, MO

http://www.ponyexpress.net/~ewelch

"The surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is
that it has never tried to contact us."  - Calvin and Hobbes