Subject: Re: [Leica] Hexar with interchangeable lenses
From: Eric Welch <ewelch@ponyexpress.net>
Date: Wed, 22 Sep 1999 10:22:58 -0500

At 04:15 AM 9/22/99 -0400, Federico Agostini wrote:
>A few months ago a French magazine rumored on a possible Konica/Leica
>join venture with the release of a new Hexar with Leica-mount
>interchangeable lenses. A sort of M7 in a way! I was in Japan a few
>weeks ago but nobody there seemed to know anything about that. Thanks
>for any information you can provide.

The Leica/Konica rep. here says (and take it with a grain of salt) that
this fall Konica is going to introduce a new rangefinder M camera, with
three lenses. 35, 50, and 90mm. He said it would be auto exposure. Not much
else, but I did hear a report somewhere, maybe on the LUG here, where
someone saw it. Time will tell. And it's not a joint project with Leica. In
spite of the fact he works for both. He says Leica has been pumping him for
details on the camera, but he only tells them what he tells the general
public. He can't bite one of the hands that feeds him to help the other.

Eric Welch
St. Joseph, MO

http://www.ponyexpress.net/~ewelch

Men say they know many things; but lo! they have taken wings