Subject: Re: [Leica] Archiving question
From: "Paul Klingaman" <pklingaman@hotmail.com>
Date: Wed, 22 Sep 1999 17:58:16 GMT

You could just use MS Access to store all of the Tag id's and just about any
info you could imagine in a table.  You could then use the filters in Access
to search for your criteria, and pull up the file(.jpg?).  I'm not familiar
with any out-of-the-box program for this task, but it would be pretty easy
to write a front end for it(in VB, or C++, or even in Java).  If there is
not currently a product, just out of curiousity, how many out there would be
interested in such a product?  What would you pay for this program?
PC-based, or MAC?  I have a few co-workers that I'm sure wouldn't mind
making one and selling it, if there were a market.  Ahh, the wheels are
turning.  All proceeds would go to the purchase of new leica gear, of
course.  Seriously, if anyone out there is interested, please let me know.
I'm looking for some side work.

- -Paul