Subject: [Leica] Problem loading film om Paterson spirals
From: Gwpics@aol.com
Date: Wed, 22 Sep 1999 16:53:29 EDT

Since moving to Leica cameras I have had problems loading my film on to
standard Paterson spirals. At first I thought it was because the spirals were
old os I bought new ones with no change. I then read that wetting agent can
make them sticky so I thoroughly washed them in a de-tarring solution, still
with no effect. And so the saga continues. I think I have tried everything,
and I would stress that i am no newcomer to this game, I have been deving my
own film for about 40 years.

I have come to the conclusion that it is caused by the adverse wind of the
film in the take up spool and that the film needs around 12 hours or so back
in its cassette to recover.

Has anyone else had similar problems and are there any ways to get over it?

Gerry