Subject: Re: [Leica] Curtain problem or what? Need your help!
From: "A.H.SCHMIDT" <horsts@actek.com.au>
Date: Thu, 23 Sep 1999 09:42:21 +1000

- --------------096693FB3B9DC49290668E47

Bernard wrote:

> Anthony Atkielski wrote:
>
> > > I normally just check the shutter speeds every year
> > > or two ...
> >
> > Don't you need special equipment to check a shutter accurately?
>
> You can do it yourself (when it rains outside!) by attaching a small
> torch to a record player, and take a picture of it at every speed. Since
> the speed of the record players is a given at every distance from the
> center, you can calculate how long the exposure really was. You being an
> engineer, I'm sure you'll figure out the details.
>
> Why don't you do it now! You never know...... Leica might have ripped
> you off.
>
> Bernard

You meen they short changed him on the shutter speed?

Regards, Horst Schmidt

- --------------096693FB3B9DC49290668E47

<HTML>
&nbsp;

<P>Bernard wrote:
<BLOCKQUOTE TYPE=CITE>Anthony Atkielski wrote:

<P>> > I normally just check the shutter speeds every year
<BR>> > or two ...
<BR>>
<BR>> Don't you need special equipment to check a shutter accurately?

<P>You can do it yourself (when it rains outside!) by attaching a small
<BR>torch to a record player, and take a picture of it at every speed.
Since
<BR>the speed of the record players is a given at every distance from the
<BR>center, you can calculate how long the exposure really was. You being
an
<BR>engineer, I'm sure you'll figure out the details.

<P><B>Why don't you do it now! You never know...... Leica might have ripped</B>
<BR><B>you off</B>.

<P>Bernard</BLOCKQUOTE>
You meen they short changed him on the shutter speed?

<P>Regards, Horst Schmidt
<BR>&nbsp;</HTML>

- --------------096693FB3B9DC49290668E47--